America is a home of competitive scholarship opportunities for Undergraduates, Masters, and Ph.D. students living in the US as well as international students. So if your dream is to study in the United States then here is the full list of U.S Embassy Scholarships, Fellowships, Internships, Competitions, Grants, and Awards to choose from
The US Embassy Scholarships
In a bid to help individuals from developing countries that want to study in the US, a whole lot of U.S.A Embassy scholarships and fellowships have been set up. These grants cover the various levels as stated above.
USA Scholarships are Characterized for lifting Financial Burden from the Student’s Shoulders, be it In-State or Out-of-State Students. Most of these Scholarships are Sponsored by Multinationals like Pepsi company, Coca-Cola, Target, Apple, Microsoft, Google, McDonald’s, Ford, KFC, and many other companies.
Some are Awarded on a need base or Merit base. These Scholarships are given in Cash or sent to the recipient College or University to take care of his/her Tuition.
Fortunately, many different courses are available: Law, Medicine, Business, Nursing, and many others. Now let’s go on a journey to see what’s available and find you what you need.
List of US Embassy Scholarships for Developing Nations
Here is a list of US scholarships for Africans and other developing countries.
- Harvard University MBA Scholarship for International Students 2022
- Fulbright Foreign Scholarships
- American College of Surgeons International Guest Scholarship 2022
- Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program 2022
- Humphrey Fellowship Program
- MMMF Grants for Women of Developing Countries
- AAUW International Fellowship
- 7Up Harvard Business School Scholarship
- Campbell Fellowship for Women Scholar-Practitioners from Developing Nations
Harvard University MBA Scholarship for International Students
The Harvard MBA scholarship is one of the most desired programs, taught in a renowned university. This scholarship is sponsored by the Boustany Foundation and spans 2 years.
- Host/ Eligible Country: The Harvard University MBA Scholarship for International Students is taken in the US and is open to students of any nation. It is thus, a US scholarship for African students.
- Level: It is for the postgraduate (Masters’s) level.
- Scholarship Worth: It is worth US$90,000(US$45,000 per year ). It covers your tuition, accommodation, and travel expenses.
- Deadline: Application ends on or before 31st May yearly
Candidates must have an excellent academic background and show considerable promise. Although the Scholarship can be awarded to candidates of any nation.
Harvard University MBA Scholarship Application Process
If you wish to apply, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae with a photograph, GMAT scores, and acceptance letter from the University to: [email protected]
If shortlisted, you may be invited to an interview with the Foundation. One candidate will then be awarded the Scholarship
Fulbright Foreign Scholarship
This scholarship helps graduates who are international students to study and research in the US at US universities or various other institutions. In this way, it covers African students as well. It offers about 4000 scholarships to students each year.
- Host/ Eligible Country: It is offered in the US and international students are eligible
- Level: This scholarship is for the postgraduate level as it covers both Masters and Ph.D.
- Scholarship Value: The Fulbright Foreign Scholarship takes care of tuition, airfare, health insurance, a living stipend, to mention but a few.
- Deadline: The deadline falls within October
American College of Surgeons for International Surgeons
This US embassy scholarship for African students offers scholarships to surgeons. Most especially, those who are young and are from nations apart from the US or Canada.
additionally, those who have demonstrated strong interests in teaching and research.
This scholarship endowment is provided through the legacy of Paul R. Hawley, MD (FACS Hon), former College Director, to the College.
- Host/ Eligible Country: The host country is the US and young surgeons from countries other than the US or Canada are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Level: The level is the fellowship
- Scholarship Worth: The scholarship is worth $10,000.
- Deadline: Applications end before the 1st of July.
Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program 2022-2023
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program was established by Orascom Construction as a part of their dedication to achievement and excellence promotion. This is a US grant available to Africans from Egypt.
- Host/ Eligible Country: The host is the US and is available to students from Egypt
- Level: It is available for both undergraduate and postgraduate study.
- Scholarship Value: The scholarship provides full-tuition, housing allowance, travel, and health insurance.
- Deadline: Application closes on 31st July
Humphrey Fellowship Program
The US embassy in Chad announces the annual competition for this program. It is a full scholarship that lasts for one year. It is for mid-career professionals, providing them the chance to enhance their professional abilities.
- Host/ Eligible Country: It is for people from Chad and taken in the US
- Note: See embassy websites for information on eligible sub- Saharan African nations.
- Type: The type of scholarship is fellowship.
- Scholarship Value: The scholarship provides for tuition and fees at the host university, living allowance.
To participate in the Humphrey Fellowship, candidates must have:
- an undergraduate (first university) degree
- a minimum of eight years of full-time professional experience
- limited or no prior experience in the United States
- demonstrated leadership qualities
- a record of public service in the community; and
- English language ability by scoring not less than 100 in the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) test. Participants should use 9616 as the institution code to ensure that their scores are sent to our office.
Program Timeline: The application opens on April 13, 2021. The deadline for submitting the online application with supporting documents is June 13, 2021.
Online Application: Applicants can access the application here: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
MMMF Grants for Women of Developing Countries
The Margaret McNamara Education Grants were formed in 1981. Its mission is to help women from developing countries who are seeking an education to better the lives of women and children in their countries.
- Host/ Eligible Country: The grant is for women from developing countries to study in the US
- Level: It is for the completion of the degree program.
- Scholarship Worth: The scholarship can be up to $15,000
- Deadline: The deadline is within January.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a self-identifying woman, and at least 25 years old at the time of application deadline;
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (except for the Trinity Washington University program);
- Be enrolled (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when applying, and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund, or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
7UP Harvard Business School Scholarship
This US embassy scholarship for Africans is offered by Seven-Up Bottling Company Plc to Nigerian students to undertake a Masters in Business Administration program in the US, specifically at Harvard Business School.
- Host/ Eligible Country: The scholarship is to be taken in the US and it’s available to Nigerians.
- Level: It is for the postgraduate (masters) level.
- Scholarship Worth: The scholarship covers tuition, housing, a ticket to the US to begin the program, and a ticket back at the end of the MBA program.
- Deadline: The scholarship deadline is from December to January.
How to Apply for 7UP Harvard Business School Scholarship
Obtain Harvard Business School admission and then email the electronic copy of your admission letter to [email protected]
Campbell Fellowship for Women Scholar-Practitioners from Developing Nations
This fellowship aims to enhance the educational careers of women who are from developing countries. In this way, there is immunity covering African women.
- Host/Eligible Country: Women from developing countries are eligible to apply for this fellowship which will be taken in the US.
- Level: The level is fellowship.
- Scholarship Worth: $4,500 per month stipend, housing, and office space.
- Deadline: November 1st.